Watching Revolution Through A Hole In The Wall
01 Watching Revolution Through A Hole In The Wall
Wednesday November 16, 2011
at the Gym, Rietveld Academie
LAUNCH OF THE STUDIUM GENERALE PROGRAM 2011-2012: WE ARE THE TIME
- screening of The Role of a Lifetime (2003), a work by artist and filmmaker Deimantas Narkevičius
On loan from the VanAbbemuseum, with the very kind permission of the artist
- an introduction to the lay-out of WE ARE THE TIME by curator Gabriëlle Schleijpen, head of the Studium Generale Rietveld Academie
- an introduction to the communication plan for WE ARE THE TIME by Jakub Straka & Daiva Tubutyte
- Dreaming Collectively: Life Experience and Political Imagination will introduce central ideas in the work of Walter Benjamin and connect them to Giorgio Agamben, two philosophers with huge impact on the art world.
A spoken column by Alena Alexandrova, theorist and co - curator of WE ARE THE TIME.
- Watching Revolution Through A Hole In The Wall
Foundland, a young multi-disciplinary art and design practice based in Amsterdam presents an entirely fictional narrative of perseverance and protest, based on a personally selected archive of Internet evidence related to the present situation in Syria.
- a glass of wine for all